Family Liaison Worker
As a school, we recognise the challenges family life presents and understand that life has its ups and downs from time to time.
To this end, we have our own Family Liaison Worker, Jayne Doherty, whose role is to offer support and advice to children and their families around a range of issues which may include:
- Advice around a range of different parenting support methods.
- Practical and emotional support for families, particularly at times of crisis.
- Help and support around health, housing, finance, domestic violence, substance misuse etc.
- Supporting vulnerable groups of pupils.
- Supporting children and families around attendance and timekeeping issues.
- Helping build positive working relationships between parents and their children.
Jayne is in school all day on Wednesday each week, so if you would like to meet with her to discuss any issues you may have, please contact the school or Jayne directly by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find links below to support networks within the local area:
Please see the posters below advertising an exciting new project in Amber Valley for girls aged 9 and over called the Big Sister Project.
The project is designed to the promote health and well-being of young people through meaningful and purposeful activities.
As part of the project a FREE 6 Month membership is included to use our facilities, including the use of the gym (Induction is mandatory), swimming and classes listed below.
Monday at 4:30pm (For Girls aged 13-15)
Friday at 4:30pm (For Girls aged 9-12)
For further details, scan the QR code or call: Charlotte Seviour Swimming Co-ordinator William Gregg VC Leisure Centre ☏ - 01773 537940 -
Please find below, details of the popular holiday activities and food programme, which is back for the summer holidays and is completely free of charge for children eligible for free school meals.